Acu-Flex:100 Single Component 100% Silicone Elastomeric Coating|
a high solids single component, VOC compliant, moisture cure silicone rubber
coating. It is specifically
designed for use in roofing application as a weatherproof, ultraviolet resistant,
‘Cool Roof’ coating. Product performs well under all weather conditions from
sub-zero to high heat in excess of 200°F (93°C).
is used as a breathable membrane possessing superior weathering and water
resistance characteristics. It
exhibits rapid cure when exposed to ambient conditions. However, it is not to be applied to the exterior of refrigeration tanks or cold storage roofing.
- 100% silicone roof coating
- 50 Year limited Warranty when applied properly
- Provides waterproof protection
- Stands up to permanent ponding water without bubbling, peeling, or breaking down
- Stays flexible and maintains adhesion
- Coverage: 67 square feet per gallon. One 5-gallon pail covers 335 Square feet of roof.
- 1 coat on smooth surfaces. 2 coats on granulated and rough surfaces.
- Applying Temperature: Do not apply in temperatures below freezing, above 120°F (49°C) or if rain is expected within 2 hours.
- Thinning: Product should not be thinned.
- Dry time: Final coat should be allowed to cure 24 to 48 hours, depending on temperature and humidity, before suitable for light foot traffic.
- Storage Stability: 1 year @ 75°F in unopened tightly sealed container.
- Clean up: Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with VM&P Naphtha and100% Pure Mineral Spirits. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
For extended information on this product CLICK HERE
For Material Safety Data Sheet CLICK HERE
► FREE SHIPPING¹
► NO SALES TAX EXCEPT IN FLORIDA
Questions? Please contact us at 1-800-941-1063 We are here to help!
SURFACE PREPARATION: All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry, and paintable. It may be
necessary to power wash and/or prime to enhance adhesion. See application specification for more details.
MIXING PROCEDURES: No thinning or reducing is necessary. Product may separate after shipping and
storage, though it may still look mixed. When mixing becomes necessary we recommend the use of a
3/4 horsepower or larger air operated mixer with a blade capable of uniformly mixing the entire container.
When product is in 5-gallon pails use a 3” minimum diameter-mixing blade, or hand mixing with a suitable
Containers are packaged with a layer of dry nitrogen gas, to keep latent moisture from prematurely starting
the curing process. After opening a container, try to use it up as soon as possible, or reseal with a layer of
argon or nitrogen gas.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: This product may be applied directly to any clean, dry surface.
Polyurethane foam should be coated within 24 hours of application. Subsequent coats should be
applied within 48 hours of prior applications to insure full and uniform adhesion. Coating may be applied in
2 or 3 separate applications of contrasting colors, each applied at right angles to the previous coat. Coating
must be evenly applied and pinhole-free.
Before applying a subsequent coat of this product the previous coat must be completely dry and cured. If
any contamination of a thoroughly cured surface occurs, it must be washed with a chemical cleaner before
applying subsequent coats. Coating must be extended beyond the substrate to create a self-terminating
Due to the bond agent present in all coating, colors may be used as either a base or a topcoat. The coating
will cure in 2-8 hours, dependent on weather conditions (such as temperature and humidity), after which
another coat can be applied. A #11 ceramic roofing granule may be installed in the topcoat to improve
aesthetics, traffic resistance and impact resistance.
APPLICATION EQUIPMENT: This product may be sprayed, brushed, or rolled. Due to the high
viscosity of the material, a high-pressure airless paint pump capable of producing a minimum of 3500 PSI at
the spray gun head should be used. The pump should have a minimum of 3 gallons per minute output and
be fed by a 5:1 transfer pump to prevent cavitation. Always use components rated for pump pressure.
Hoses should be BUNA-N jacketed for prevention of moisture contamination. Hoses should have a minimum
I.D. of 3/4” and an adequate working pressure. The spray gun should be high pressure (5000 PSI) with
reverse-a-clean spray tip, having a minimum orifice of .030 and a 50 fan tip.
DO NOT USE hose that has been used for Acrylics because the liner absorbs moisture and initiates the
silicone cure process.